New Year New You
5 Tips to Help Achieve Your Fitness Goalsals
Statics say that 80 % of people quit their fitness goals before February. Here are some suggestions to help you accomplish your fitness goals.
1) Determine your readiness: Make sure you are cleared with your doctor to start an exercise program. You also have to be mentally ready. Statistics show that you will more likely succeed if you receive encouragement from others and choose an exercise that is more enjoyable to you.
2) Create a plan and choose a place to start: Here at The MAC we offer several beginner classes such as Stride & Strength or Functional Fitness. These are only 2 of the many group exercise classes we offer, but both are a great place to start. You can download our exercise schedule here and add our classes to your exercise routine.
3) Bring a friend -Add a friend to your MAC membership or they can join with the registration fee waived in January. Working out with a friend will help hold you accountable and keep you motivated.
4) Take it easy- Fitness is a life long commitment, start by working out 3 days a week and gradually build up to 5 days per week. The duration of each workout may only be 15 minutes to start and before long you can build that up to an hour long worth of exercise activity.
5) Be realistic-You will not meet your goals overnight; it takes time to see results. Eating a healthy diet, one with low sugar, no fried foods, eating some fruit and vegetables with lean protein will also add to your new healthy life style. Aim to drink 8-10 glasses of water per day to stay hydrated.
Additional ways to meet your individual goals:
· Sign up with a Personal Trainer to help you personalize your fitness goals.
· Attend the new member orientation on the first Tuesday of the month at 10:30 AM or the last Monday of the month at 5:30 PM.
· Utilize Pattie, our floor volunteer, to help familiarize you with any fitness equipment, Mondays-Thursdays 9-11am.